Profile photo of Mullet

will jack eichel contract talks impact his performance

September 6, 2017 at 3:02 pm

i’d be freaking out right now if i was a sabres fan “if it doesn’t happen it doesn’t happen” but sooo love him this year for fantasy since he will be playing for that big contract…..

reports are saying…….

“BUFFALO, N.Y. — Sabres star center Jack Eichel is focused on taking on a larger leadership role, and not concerning himself with contract talks — even it means waiting until next year to sign a new deal.

“I have no problem playing the season out and just trying to earn whatever,” Eichel said Tuesday. “We know where we stand. We know where the Sabres stand. If it doesn’t happen, it doesn’t happen.”

Eichel also reiterated his commitment to staying in Buffalo on a long-term basis. He spoke after taking part in his first on-ice session with numerous teammates in Buffalo a little over a week before the Sabres open training camp.

The 20-year-old is entering the final season of his three-year rookie contract, and in line for what is projected to be a lucrative contract extension.

A person with direct knowledge of talks told The Associated Press last month that both sides have discussed a contract spanning an NHL-maximum eight seasons . The same person told The AP on Tuesday that negotiations haven’t stopped since the two sides formally opened talks in June. The person spoke on the condition of anonymity because negotiations have been private”

4 comments to this topic | Share:

Profile photo of Jason
Posted 06 September 2017

Contract or no contract the kid is still top 10 and gonna get paid.

Profile photo of Henry Owens
Posted 06 September 2017

Him and Tavares are basically in the same boat. i can see eichel signing the 8 year deal and then Tavares asking for more than whatever Eichel got in free agency. Good draft strategy going for guys in contract years. Their human and money talks.

Profile photo of Taylor Mays
Posted 07 September 2017

Profile photo of Timothy
Posted 09 September 2017

Dobber has him at #6 ahead of guys like Tarasenko, Ovechkin, Matthews etc. Trust his rankings a lot. Wouldn’t worry about him at all.

Add Comment

Browse.. No file selected.