Profile photo of Ryan Whitfield

Week 1 Thoughts

September 12, 2017 at 10:52 pm

What a crazy opening weekend! We had some severe injuries, looking at you David Johnson and Allen Robinson. We had emerging stars like Hunt and Fournette. And we had stunning performances from the likes of Sam Bradford and Jarrod Goff. My Co-Host and I cover it all here in our latest podcast, I’m the obnoxious, loud mouth, opinionated one. So, comment here or comment there. But take me to task on my takes. I love a good debate!

http://bit.ly/2x04m21

5 comments to this topic | Share:

Profile photo of Taylor Mays
Posted 12 September 2017

I know it’s natural reaction for “next man up” mentality, but i do not like neither Hurns nor Lee in JAX. Bortles isn’t a QB I trust, and just cause one may emerge as a WR1 (on their own team) doesn’t necessarily make him a fantasy starter (yes maybe a roster spot given the potential/future opportunity) … just look at the WR1s for NYJ or CHI or CLE and see for yourself.

Profile photo of Ryan Whitfield
Posted 12 September 2017

I completely agree. I wasn’t high on Robinson either because of their situation there. But at some point teams will start to stack the box to stop Fournette unless they can develop a passing game. Will be interesting situation to monitor. Hope you get a chance to check out my podcast at some point!

Profile photo of Henry Owens
Posted 13 September 2017

What’s the word on the Dion Lewis rumors? Could be a good fit for AZ. They have a good working relationships (both NE and AZ front offices)… I’d be bold and pick up Lewis if you can stash him. If Williams doesn’t do so well this week I wonder how long it takes for them to pull the trigger on a trade.

Profile photo of JT Grier
Posted 13 September 2017

It’s the Kerwynn Williams show for the foreseeable future… basically now owned in all leagues.

Profile photo of Mike
Posted 13 September 2017

I’d actually be worried as a Fournette owner. Now there is even less weapons for receivers and defenses can be more prepared to stack guys in the box to attack the run. Running game can only be as strong as the threat of the throwing game.

Add Comment

Browse.. No file selected.