Profile photo of Taylor Mays

Max Pacioretty in Dynasty Formats

March 11, 2018 at 12:12 pm

Pacioretty has become a free agent in my league. Since it is a dynasty format, I instantly picked him up. However; realistically thinking, it made me wonder what we can expect from the former all-star moving forward.

What we most likely know:

1) He will not be in Montreal next year.
2) He will be 30 years old next NHL season, and some people agree this is the point players peak and begin to decline.

So what can we expect from Max?

He was a consistent 60-point scorer for 6 seasons prior to this year. But now at 37 points in 64 games (17-20-37) for the near last place Canadiens, he has been facing career lows in shooting percentage (8%) below league average, shots are at a career low (min games played 55), but shockingly still close to a career-high in average time on ice. It just doesn’t add up. RED FLAG.

Yes, Montreal had some back luck with Weber, Price, etc. which has impacted the teams performance which also trickles down to Pacioretty. His current knee injury is the icing on the cake.

Next year he will be on a new team, coming back from injury, under a new system, coach etc. Lots of unknown variables, but the trending data suggests that Max is offically out of the top 15 LW discussion moving ahead to 2019.

3 comments to this topic | Share:

Profile photo of Coach B
Posted 11 March 2018

He’ll go to Rangers and fantasy value will be offically dead. (to his standards).

Profile photo of James
Posted 11 March 2018

low 30s by no means is the demise of fantasy value. he just sucked and got hurt this year. changing teams is the exact spark he needs right now. still will go for a 3-4 year deal, 5mm-sh a year, and is easily on the 50+ expectation for next year. top 10 lw? no. but should be a great steal in next years draft.

Profile photo of TB
Posted 15 March 2018

depends on where he goes.

Add Comment

Browse.. No file selected.

Join DraftingSleepers Today!

Strategize with other fantasy players to help win your league.

Create a new account

Optional
drafting-sleeper

DraftingSleepers is proudly SSL certified to protect your personal information.