Profile photo of Brady Cruz

Clint Capela Should Be a Top Sleeper Target

September 9, 2017 at 9:48 am

Might be a bittersweet silver lining that he didn’t fully breakout last year with the departure of Howard. Between last years injury and minor increase in production he should still have a relatively low ADP going into this years’ fantasy season and fall in the mid late round sleeper/but “growing expectations” category.

He barely averaged 24 minutes a game last year. You give him another 10-15 minutes on the court per game this year you can expect a big jump simply on opportunity alone. He averaged 12.6 rebounds per game and could be a lock for a solid double double guy this year.

Last year both Nene and Harrell were threats to take away minutes from him, now that only Nene is left I think HOU is sending a sign they expect Capela to take on a much bigger role this year. Again, more minutes, more opportunity, more production.

Lastly, this is probably most obvious, but with one of the great ball moving PGs in the game (CP3) coming to HOU and has had success growing the centers he has palyed with (with LAC) I think this can only be an added benefit for Capela.

Case and point. Don’t feel the need to go heavy on big men early on the draft this year. Capela is a guy you should go for later in the draft!

5 comments to this topic | Share:

Profile photo of Ted
Posted 09 September 2017

ESPN currently has him as the #20 C right after Greg Monroe and Paul Gasol and ahead of Kanter. Very low end starter as your 2nd Center if you just go off the rankings (i know almost all of us just dont go off that alone) but I thought he would be a little higher. Esp. over guys like Kaminskey.

Profile photo of Darren
Posted 09 September 2017

I think you switched up his avg. PPG and REBs. He was 12.6 PPG and 8.1 for REB. Either way I agree he is in a great position to be a solidified double-double guy this season.

Profile photo of ralph
Posted 09 September 2017

Profile photo of John Kelley
Posted 10 September 2017

i think most ppl are expecting him to get to the “sink or swim” part of his career if he is gonna be a stud all star or no, but my fav sleeper this year is willie cauley-stein

Profile photo of Justin Vogel
Posted 15 September 2017

Very excited for Capela this year. Imagine if they get Melo too? Capela-CP3-Harden-Melo. Damn that’s a power offense.

Add Comment

Browse.. No file selected.

Join DraftingSleepers Today!

Strategize with other fantasy players to help win your league.

Create a new account

Optional
drafting-sleeper

DraftingSleepers is proudly SSL certified to protect your personal information.