Profile photo of Stanley

Alex Killorn in fantasy convo

February 12, 2018 at 10:53 am

Killorn has never been much of a fantasy relevant player. Now in his 6th season in the NHL at 28 years young, the Canadian born right winger has nearly averaged 40 points per season over the past 5 years. Needless to say, never jumped off the charts as a fantasy “must-own” player. However; things are starting to pick up for the former 3rd round pick.

As we all know, to win in fantasy you need to ride the trending players. Killorn is currently hitting his stride:

– He has points in 3 straight games
– He has 8 points in his last 5 games
– He is now on pace for career high in points

Tampa Bay is currently in 1st in the East and 7-3 in their last 10. With an all-star supporting cast, Killorn is fortunate to benefit from skating alongside top talent. Front runner MVP Kucherov and breakout player Point have played a big park in his fantasy relevancy.

Killorn is only owned in 14% of Yahoo leagues, and skating as a top 30 talent over the past two weeks. He won’t be somebody you want to hold onto for the rest of the season, but is a player you should pick up today and ride the hot streak while you can.

4 comments to this topic | Share:

Profile photo of Patrick Bailey
Posted 12 February 2018

What’s impressive about his stats is that he is also having a career low in ATOI and still managing to put up career highs (on pace to). Gives a lot of credit to TB.

Profile photo of Danny Hornsman
Posted 12 February 2018

From a TB news source…. “If you’re looking for bright spots with the Lightning lately, wing Alex Killorn has to come to mind.

Killorn scored again Monday, giving him three goals in his past three games. That matched his goal total from his previous 22, including an 11-game drought.

What changed?

After he went without a shot in three of the first four games on this road trip, Killorn sat down and watched some clips of his greatest goals. And what Killorn found was that, when he was at his best, he was scoring from around the hashmarks, using his 6-foot-1, 196 pound frame.

All three of his recent goals have come near the crease or slot, including Monday’s wrist shot.

“I wasn’t really happy with my scoring and the way I was playing the last road trip,” Killorn said. “So I just looked at where I had been scoring all my goals, that’s where they came from. I just changed my game, being more of a power forward (again).”

Killorn also appears to have gotten a boost from his new linemates Matt Peca and Yanni Gourde, the trio becoming the team’s top combo the past week.

And it couldn’t have come at a better time.”

For more: http://www.tampabay.com/blogs/lightning/2018/02/06/how-lightnings-alex-killorn-got-his-groove-back/

Profile photo of Joe Russo
Posted 12 February 2018

seems to be a guy with a limited ceiling though

Profile photo of da bears
Posted 14 February 2018

Doing better without Kucherov thats nuts

Add Comment

Browse.. No file selected.

Join DraftingSleepers Today!

Strategize with other fantasy players to help win your league.

Create a new account

Optional
drafting-sleeper

DraftingSleepers is proudly SSL certified to protect your personal information.